Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fall is in The Air!

Fall

I love the fall, and even though the weather is always sunny down here you can still feel the slight changes that reflect the season.
Some resaons why I love the fall are:
I get to light apple and spice candles, I bake more, I read more and do crafty things, and I get to see Family!

In fact Greg's Parent's came into town Conference weekend and we gave them the grand tour of Irvine, (mostly we played tennis and ate, two things I love). We had such A great time, the beach was beautiful, and they are so sweet. Jayne even got me started on the project I'm undertaking. I going to make some pillows for my couch finally. I got this very cute idea from my sister-by -love Ashley. She's doing a quilt of these yoyo things (I don't know exaclty what to call them) and I loved it so I thought I would try a pillow since I have no skills in sewing department.
anyways I'll post pictures of it when I'm done. Anywawys thanks Ashley for teaching me how to do it and thanks Jayne for giving me the jump start.


Good shot for taking it ourselves! Here is the Beautiful Newport beach

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Sounds like Fall in Irvine is much more pleasant that fall in Rexburg! Its been really cold here. Are you and Greg going to Denver for Thanksgiving or Christmans? If you are we really want to see you!!! We miss the Swapps!

The Burrups said...

awww you guys we miss you!! its good to hear that you guys like it there. im definitely jealous of your cali weather right now! lol. oh and i cant wait to see how the pillows turn out, that will be really cute! miss you guys!

Paul and Susan said...

It was fun to see your pictures and hear about your visit with your in-laws. Sounds like you are enjoying the new area you live in!

JKGROSS said...

Darlene! Hey I am so glad that I got your blog address! Looks like things are going good for ya'll. I had my little girl. Check out my blog and see her. :0) Keep in touch!

-Kristen, James & Riley Gross