Tuesday, July 29, 2008

EARTHQUAKE

I know I have born and raised in California, but I have never felt an earthquake! Not that I remember anyways( I was two for the 1989 one). Honestly I was scared to death, it's such a powerless feeing and you don't know how much it will shake or when it will stop. This brings a whole new meaning to me when I read in the scriptures that the Lord causes the earth to shake, its scary! This one was in L.A. it was 5.8, but for us here in Irvine it was only a few seconds and not very bad. I called Greg right away, once my service was working, and he calmed me down. Anyway I am a true Californian now.

6 comments:

Heather Ashby said...

Oh my gosh, earthquakes are all crazy! I am glad you're both okay. And I am SOO excited to see you both yeay so much fun in San Francisco!

Ann said...

It's pretty funny that you grew up in the Bay Area and you had to go to LA to feel an earthquake! Glad you all are ok. :-)

Nicole, Ryan & Jett Wilder said...

Hey, I dont know if you got my text but we are in building 8 too! 8205. what are you???!

ry.anders said...

Greg and Darlene, how is life. Just checking up on you guys. Ryan Anderson.
p.s. we now have a blog at www.ryanemily08.blogspot.com

Tere said...

Dont feel too bad Dar, I too was in LA and my Dad was ON the operating table in the hospital when we had the earthquake. They are all easier from here on!! Love you Dar,
Tere

Hannah said...

ok ok you have no excuse now, you have your camera cord back. Keep blogging!!! xoxoxox